* When he was stopped, he told police he just showered, ate fast food and was “pretty banged up” from the night’s Smackdown tapings.
* Swagger was driving ten miles over the speed limit and the officer at the scene smelled marijuana in the car. He also saw it in his lap.
* Swagger did not testify in court yesterday. A video recording from the patrol car showed Swagger telling the officer he smoked marijuana before leaving the arena. He said: “I know I f*cked up. I apologize, man.”
* An officer said in court that Swagger accidentally gave him hiscredit card instead of his driver’s license. His speech was slow, his eyes were bloodshot and watery, but he was “cooperative, nervous and talkative.” A DUI officer said: “He was just as docile as a gentleman can possibly be.”
* The video also showed Swagger taking his field sobriety test. He stumbled a few times when walking. The officer said the test was “probably by far one of the worst I’ve ever seen as a DUI officer under the influence of marijuana.”
* Swagger was fined $1,000 plus $300 in court costs for the conviction. He was also fined $198 for speeding and must attend both an alcohol safety class and a victim-impact class. Swagger gets his license back in ninety days if he completes the classes.