They just won’t be competing against one another.
ESPN reported that Jones will face Glover Teixeira in February, and the same report also indicates plans for “The Mauler” to return to action around that same time.
No opponent for Gustafsson was mentioned.
UFC president Dana White confirmed the reports, adding, “Around the same time of the Jones-Teixeira fight, Gustafsson will fight in Sweden.”
Most called for an immediate rematch between Jones and Gustafsson after the champ survived with a decision victory. In fact, “Bones” now views the win as a loss on his record.
“I won the fight, but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn’t,” said Jones, in a released statement. “I promise you, he will be next.”
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter