UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez (13-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) wasn't suspended six months following his UFC 166 victory over Junior dos Santos (16-3 MMA, 10-2 UFC) earlier this month.
While the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation initially told MMAjunkie.com the champ was medically suspended six months due to a suspected broken jaw, a representative today said it was an error.
"After review of the UFC 166 information it has been determined the Velasquez/dos Santos suspensions were posted incorrectly," a rep wrote via email.
The fighter's jaw was fine and that the suspension confused them, has been suspended 15 days for precautionary reasons. That means his return could come a lot sooner than originally expected.
We are looking for News, Results & Columns Reporter, If interested email me at this link
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter
- You can listen to Our WWE, TNA & UFC Previews/ Reviews. As well as NFL, Nascar Weekly Radio Show at this link