It’s never good to miss weight, but the UFC understands there are certain circumstances. Andre Fili missed weight for UFC 166, but UFC president Dana White can let it slide. Fili took the fight two weeks out and had to cut from welterweight to featherweight.
Fili fought Jeremy Larsen in a 148.5 pound catchweight bout. Early in the second round, Fili ended the fight.
“He looked awesome,” said White. “When you get into a situation like that, and you’re like, ‘Wow, well this kid was able to come in at this weight’ – well he loses a piece of his purse, but he was actually at a bigger disadvantage in that fight because of all the weight he had to cut in such a short amount of time, and taking the fight on short notice. So I have a lot of respect for guys who do that.”
For missing weight, Fili forfeited 20 percent of his purse. The Washington native is 13-1.
We are looking for News, Results & Columns Reporter, If interested email me at this link
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter
- You can listen to Our WWE, TNA & UFC Previews/ Reviews. As well as NFL, Nascar Weekly Radio Show at this link