The two will meet next month in the co-main event of UFC 166 from Houston.
Cormier, a former Olympian who is expected to enter the 205-pound division following the fight, let it be known he is feeling “great physically” ahead of the fight.
“The training camp has been unreal,” Cormier posted on Twitter. “I’ve been training as hard as ever. I feel great physically. I wish the fight was tomorrow.”
Cormier (12-0) defeated Frank Mir via decision in his UFC debut earlier this year. He went 5-0 in Strikeforce, including wins over Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva, during his run to the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix title.
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter