Cormier, a close friend and training partner of current champion Cain Velasquez, will head to the light heavyweight division with a perfect record after disposing of Roy Nelson Saturday night at UFC 166.
The former Olympian and winner of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix, has been discussing a move to 205 pounds for quite some time now. He weighed in at just over 220 for the Nelson fight.
So, does “DC” feel he is deserving of an immediate title shot upon entering the new weight class?
“I’m always shooting for the top,” he said, during the post-fight show. “I want to fight Jon Jones and I want to fight for the championship.”
Jones, though, is currently set to face Glover Teixeira sometime in early 2014.
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter
- Official Youtube Channel