“I feel that cage rust is something that’s brought up to give odds makers something to bet on,” said Cruz, who has had two knee operations since his last fight. “I think you can work it completely out of your system as long as you’re in training camp and training correctly.”
Cruz (19-1) last competed in late 2011, claiming a decision from now-UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson. He has defeated the likes of Urijah Faber, Scott Jorgensen and Joseph Benavidez in the last few years in both the UFC and WEC.
“The biggest part about ring rust is the mental part,” Cruz said. “I think a lot of that comes from not being able to control your adrenaline; not being able to understand where you are at.
“You can figure all of that out in camp (if) you put yourself on those predicaments and rough situations.”
We are looking for News, Results & Columns Reporter, If interested email me at this link
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter
- You can listen to Our WWE, TNA & UFC Previews/ Reviews. As well as NFL, Nascar Weekly Radio Show at this link