He joined the UFC in 2005 and suffered a quick defeat to a then unknown Georges St-Pierre. After a follow-up win with Nick Diaz, Sherk made the decision to drop to 155 pounds. He got a decision over Kenny Florian to claim the newly reintroduced lightweight title in 2006.
Sherk would defend the belt once, before getting stripped of it for a drug test full of steroids. He would return and get one more crack at the lightweight belt, but B.J. Penn took care of him.
The 40-year-old ends with a 36-4-1 record. For the UFC, he was 8-4 and his last fight for them was in September 2010. He would capture Fight of the Night against Evan Dunham.
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter