Earlier in the week, Diaz sent out a message via Twitter saying he would be attending his high school reunion the night of The Ultimate Fighter Finale 18 and wouldn’t be able to face Maynard.
White stated on Tuesday that he is “shocked” in a sarcastic tone, adding, “I heard about it (Monday). Somebody told me about it, but I haven’t talked to (UFC matchmaker) Joe (Silva) or Nate or anybody.
“I don’t take Twitter for news. It’s not an official statement.”
Previously, Diaz said he was fighting new UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis via the social media site instead of Maynard. Diaz and Maynard have fought twice before, with each holding a win over the other.
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter