UFC president Dana White revealed at the recent UFC Fight Night 27 media scrum that “The Axe Murderer” is sidelined indefinitely and there’s no rush for a return.
“He can’t even fight until January,” said White. “He can’t start training. He says he has something wrong with his back, sciatica, or something. If Wanderlei Silva says he’s hurt, he can take his time. He has that respect. If it was some 22 year-old, then yeah, we would get him checked out. Wanderlei can take his time. I love Wanderlei.”
The last time fans saw Silva was in Japan, when he took Knockout of the Night and Fight of the Night over Brian Stann at UFC on FUEL TV in March. Later, Stann would retire from the sport.
The former PRIDE middleweight champion came to the UFC in 2007 and turned 37-year-old this summer.
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Official Youtube Channel
- NGWS official wrestling facebook page
- Follow NGWS On Twitter
- Pro Wrestling Unleashed Facebook Page
- Follow Pro Wrestling Unleashed On Twitter
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter
- Established Sports Facebook Page
- Established Sports Twitter
Live Radio Show