Former UFC champion BJ Penn helped push the “smaller” weight classes to the bright lights inside the Octagon.
Penn, a multi-time champion, will coach opposite Frankie Edgar on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. The two former adversaries will meet for a third time – Edgar is 2-0 vs. Penn – in 2014 at featherweight.
“BJ Penn built the 155-pound division at a time when people used to go, ‘Oh, those guys are too small….we don’t want to see the small guys fight,’” said White, during a recent media scrum. “BJ was one of the biggest PPV draws in the UFC at the time.”
White also insisted that the cut from welterweight to featherweight is going well, adding, “he’s almost there now. Wait till you see how skinny he is; it’s crazy.”
Penn last fought at 170, falling to Rory MacDonald.
We are looking for News, Results & Columns Reporter, If interested email me at this link
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter
- You can listen to Our WWE, TNA & UFC Previews/ Reviews. As well as NFL, Nascar Weekly Radio Show at this link