Fabricio Werdum has waited patiently on the sidelines for his opportunity to compete for the UFC heavyweight title.
Now, after Cain Velasquez demolished Junior dos Santos, Werdum is being groomed as the next contender.
“Werdum’s probably next,” said UFC president Dana White, during the post-fight press conference to UFC 166. “Werdum makes the most sense.”
Werdum (17-5-1) defeated Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira earlier this year and is unbeaten in his second stint with the promotion. Velasquez (13-1) finished off dos Santos Saturday night.
Go Check out all of our social media
– You can now follow me (Andy) on my Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/AR_Official_94
_ You can like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR_Official/244148072390274
- Official MMA Valley Twitter
- MMA Valley Brand New Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Facebook Page
- Alternative News Talk Twitter
- Official Youtube Channel